Monday, September 26, 2011

Because I Said So...


"BECAUSE I SAID SO...!" Oh man, I certainly was one of those children that hated hearing those words. I swore I would never, ever use them because to me it gave no REAL reason why. To me as a child, as a teenager, and even as a young adult, it was just a way of saying, "because I don't really want to deal with you, I don't want to give a reason,"  Mostly, to me it sounded like, "Because I AM THE BOSS AND I SAID SO!" 


Sometimes, my will gets in the way of what God tells me I am supposed to do for my children  and I don't like where I have to stand. The rebellious, side of me wants to be indignant and say, "I don't like it at all, I don't want to do it that way!" Sometimes I don't want to tell my children, "No," on whatever the issue may be, but I have chosen to live my life as His child and to raise my children in a Holy, Separated life, I have to do what is right and it has to be this way. 


Even though I don't like it and I want what I want, I know God's way has always been perfect and is the best way for my family. Even though I bow to His will, there is a part of me that still tends to ask Him why, and in His kind, gentle and loving voice, He just tells me, "Because I said so... That's Why!"

No comments:

Post a Comment